If you want people to find your website through a Google search then you need to make sure your SEO game is strong. We’ve put together a beginners guide to SEO to help you.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimisation. It’s the process of getting traffic to your website from free and organic search results on search engines.
Search engines such as Google have primary search results in which web pages, images, videos and local listings are ranked in order. The ranking is based on what the search engine considers to be the most relevant to users. This does not involve paid advertising.
Therefore SEO should be regarded as the practice of optimising your website content to enable it to be discovered through a search engine’s search results.
Why you need it
The benefits are pretty obvious. Free, traffic to your website, month after month. No need to waste money on advertising, let the content speak fo itself. If you need more reasons, here are some more;
- Be Searchable. Over 65% of search engine users are more likely to click on the top 5 suggestions in the search engine results pages. To take advantage of this and gain visitors to your website, your website needs to appear in one of the top positions.
- Beat the Competition. SEO can put you ahead of the competition. If two websites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimised website is more likely to have more customers.
- Improve User Experience. Good SEO practices enhances the user experience and usability of a website.
- Build Trust. We trust search engines and so having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the website’s trust.
- Social Promotion. SEO is good for the social promotion of your website. People who find your website through Google search are more likely to go on to promote it on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels.
- Generate Leads. You won’t be able to generate leads for your website if no one can find you. Over 90% of internet experiences begin with a search engine.
The reason why other sites are ranking higher than your website on google is because they are making a conscious effort to improve their SEO. If you want to learn more about useful tips to improve your websites SEO, read on here.
We hope the beginners guide to SEO has been useful. If you want more SEO traffic, it’s not too late and at AMC we can help you. Contact us to find out how we can help you.